The Leopoldkazerne barracks is located in the Arts Quarter. It was built in the beginning of the 20th century. It was the home of the second Line Regiment and its more than 1,300 soldiers, except during the First and Second World War. They left the building in 1955, and afterwards it housed the Health Care Centre, which at the time served as a training centre for officers and stretcher bearers.
The closed down building is ready for repurposing and will be turned into a welcoming and bustling neighbourhood. A new Provincial Government Building, houses, flats and a hotel will be built around an attractive square.