St. Macharius Church is a church in the Macharius-Heirnis district. Two of its neighbours are St Bavo's Abbey and the passers-by harbour Portus Ganda.

St. Macharius Church is a neo-Gothic cross-basilica, built with bluestone and red brick. Gustave De Battice, auxiliary bishop of Ghent, laid the first stone of this new church on June 13, 1880. The tower was not completed until 1893.

In the course of 2014, the church was adapted to the needs of the modern era. After these restoration works, the church was reopened on February 14, 2015. Concerts, lectures, exhibitions and discourses take place in the church. There haven't been any more masses in the St Macharius Church since September 1, 2017.