Ghent to the max for a tiny price
Have a weekend getaway just the way you want it. The CityCard Ghent is simple and clear to use. You get a handy, foldable city map and all the info about the benefits of the CityCard. Choose a card for 48 or 72 hours. This advantage card is an all-in Ghent experience. You’d be crazy to miss this unique offer.
- 48 h €30.00
- 72 h €35.00
A maximum dose of must-see attractions
You’ll be spoilt for choice in Ghent!
- The CityCard Ghent gives you free access to all the sights, monuments and museums in Ghent during your city break (you only pay €1 extra for the use of the audio guide in the cathedral).
- You can also visit all the temporary exhibitions at Ghent’s museums free-of-charge with the CityCard Ghent (with the exception of the exhibition “Van Eyck, an optical revolution”).
- Golden tip! Child-friendly Ghent loves to welcome children and under-18s: they can get into most museums for free anyway. This means a CityCard might not be such a great benefit for them.
- Wheelchair-friendly Ghent. The museums STAM, MSK, S.M.A.K. and Museum of Industry are accessible to wheelchair users. Of course anyone accompanying a wheelchair user can visit these museums free-of-charge.
The Ghent Altarpiece: supreme divine art
St Bavo’s Cathedral: majestic tower
Design Museum Gent: modern meets history
CityCard Gent - map
Ghent all in.
Free transport in Ghent: a unique offer
Discover all the benefits:
- With the CityCard Ghent, you can get on and off all the trams and buses in the historic city centre of Ghent.
- Do you want to explore Ghent by bike? Follow your nose: get on and off your bicycle wherever you want! Feel the Ghent city vibes, just like the free-spirited residents and students in Ghent. It’s the ideal way to explore vibrant Ghent and its mysterious, winding streets. This CityCard entitles you to free bicycle rental for one day. Your deposit of €40 per bike will be immediately returned after we have received and checked your bike.
- Are you more at home on the river? Be sure to explore the centre of Ghent from the water. That’s right: the CityCard also includes one guided tour by boat. Immerse yourself in Ghent’s rich and rebellious history. It might just be the ideal starting point for your weekend trip.
- Oh, and with this advantage card, you can also get on and off the Ghent hop-on/hop-off water tram for one day.
The Mystic Lamb, an extra spiritual benefit
Don’t miss this world-famous masterpiece by the Van Eyck Brothers in Ghent. Discover the eventful history of the Mystic Lamb at three places in Ghent:
- ‘The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb’ is a world-class work of art, one of the most influential paintings ever made. See with your own eyes the intensive renovation work that began in 2012 on this religious masterpiece in the MSK. Unbelievably fascinating! Watch the restorers at work with tiny brushes right before your eyes, removing layers of varnish and later additions and touching up blemishes.
- At St Bavo’s Cathedral, where the Mystic Lamb belongs, you will find all the panels that are not currently being restored.
- Then head to Ghent city museum, STAM, for a spot of detective work to track down the world-famous missing panel, ‘The Just Judges’. Dive headfirst into all the conspiracy theories and speculations.