Ghent is a culinary paradise boasting an array of cuisines and concepts, from tasty Flemish grub to French fine dining and a surprising world cuisine to trendy wining & dining. Gent Smaakt! aims to reflect this diversity and allows you to enjoy a vast culinary assortment at specialised stands.
Immerse yourself in Ghent's culinary experience for five days at various squares in the heart of the city:
- Korenmarkt: Ghent world cuisine and street food
- Klein Turkije: focus on short chain and local, sustainable products
- Goudenleeuwplein: local street food and the place-to-be for the smallest gourmands under the name "Drakenpleintje" (Dragon's Square)
- Poeljemarkt: culinary hotspot for young chefs and experienced restaurateurs
- Stadshal: Chef's Island, gastronomic signature dishes from some 10 Ghent chefs
Even the smallest among us know what to do during Gent Smaakt. Children can have fun with "Gaston Dragon", the riddles and game boards, or take part in our children's restaurant. Here the youngest visitors can experience what it is like to run their own restaurant.
Access to the event is free of charge. For food and drinks, you pay directly to the stallholder by debit card or Payconiq.
This activity takes place on a location within the low emission zone
Are you driving to Ghent? First check whether you may enter the city centre with your vehicle. Clean vehicles may enter the city centre free of charge, polluting vehicles have to pay. Is your vehicle allowed to enter, but do you not have a Belgian or Dutch number plate? You will ALWAYS have to register!