Fun and leisure for everyone in Ghent
Let yourself be seduced by all that the Blaarmeersen has to offer, all year round. It is a lovely area for walking, with a vast lake. You can swim, hire a pedalo, or go kayaking, surfing, fishing and diving. A water park with a slide for children and a large, sandy beach for everyone makes the Watersportbaan in Ghent complete. If you’re looking for sporting activities in Ghent, this is the place to be!
Pure pleasure and sporting activities
This park near the historic city centre of Ghent offers a green relaxation area and all sorts of sporting activities. With its large lake and countless opportunities for sports and recreation, the Blaarmeersen is all about fun. Here you will find a fit-o-meter, skate park, petanque, mini golf, aerial trekking course, team-building trail, jungle trail with climbing rocks, beach volleyball, a large playground with a maze, orienteering and a sports pitch. Looking for sports in Ghent? Here you have football, tennis, squash, rugby, athletics, you name it. Welcome to the Blaarmeersen sports and recreation park in Ghent. The place to be if you love sports!
Canoe and kayak tours
Explore Ghent from the water! On the accompanied canoe and kayak tours offered by the city of Gent, you can paddle down the Leie past the picturesque Afsnee or right into the historical centre. During an evening torchlight tour, you can see ‘Ghent by Night’ at its most magical.
- From the Easter holidays until the end of September
- For groups of min. 10 to max. 48 participants
- Starts and ends in the Blaarmeersen Sports and Recreation Park
- Minimum age 12 /ability to swim
- Friday - Saturday: torch-lit parades
- Saturday - Sunday: day trips
- Average duration of the tour: five hours (including break)
- Book your canoe or kayak ride 4 weeks in advance.