- Flower market: Have you got green fingers? Don’t miss the famously lovely flower market during your weekend trip to Ghent: it is held on Sunday mornings on the Kouter. Buy a plant or a bunch of flowers and then enjoy a long lunch or an aperitif. Enough to make any Ghent visitor’s mouth water.
- Book market: On Sunday mornings, bookworms can browse the book market on the Ajuinlei to their heart’s delight.
- Typical local market: On Friday mornings you will find delicious local delicacies at the Vrijdagmarkt.
- Bric-a-brac at Bij Sint-Jacobs Antique and bric-a-brac hunters can be found at the flea market in Ghent on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings at Bij Sint-Jacobs.
- Vegetable and craft market: Buy organic vegetables on Fridays from the Groentenmarkt. On the same square, immerse yourself in history at the craft market on Saturdays and Sundays and discover Ghent’s crafts from days gone by.
You’ll be spoilt for choice in Ghent! Once you’ve tasted the good life, you’ll never look back.