A nice outing for the family, as a couple, with friends or simply on your own. The Gentse Fietsen Route offers 37 km of cycling fun, with for each his own. Do you want to stick around on one of the spots a bit longer? Don't worry, the route has two shortcuts, which each cut off 9 km.
These Ghentians share their favorite spots
Quickly grab your bike, or rent one from us, and get to know the favorite hotspots of real Ghentians.
The fam on wheels!
Elisabeth oftes goes exploring with her kids and our longtail bikes really come in handy. She is happy to tell you the best spots for kids.
- Splashing at the Blaarmeersen
- The bike tunnel at the Rozemarijnbrug
- Dream about knights and princesses at the Castle of the Counts
- A fresh iced tea at Bar Bidon
- Climbing at the Gentbrugse Meersen
Love is in the air
Axel and Klaske are in a romantic mood. They are happy to share their romantic spots along the route while riding our tandem bike. Ideal for a picnic, selfie or lovely sunset.
- Coffee in the Bijloke gardens
- The weaping willow at Prinsenhof
- Selfie with the 3 Ghentian towers
- A spaghetti at bar the Robot
- Relax at the Houtdok
Pierke Pierlala. He knows every corner of our city, so his tips for connoisseurs should not be missed. With his e-bike he seems to fly through the city of Ghent!
Gentse Fietsen Route
The Gentse Fietsen Route offers 37 km (or 23 miles) of cycling fun. Do you want to stick around on one of the spots a bit longer? Don't worry, the route has two shortcuts, which each cut off 9 km (or 5,6 miles).
This publication is available at the Visit Gent Tourist Information Office at the Old Fish Market.