Corona proof shopping
There are a few rules for safe shopping in Ghent.
- Respect the 1.5 m distance rule at all times.
- Where a face mask
- Disinfect your hands upon entering and leaving the shop
- A maximum of two people are allowed to shop together. Try to avoid long queues, always use your common sense to keep it safe for everyone!
- Remember: 1 person is allowed per 10 m² of the shop’s surface area
- Electronic payments are preferred
- Limit your shopping time, be courteous and don't cause queues unnecessarily
- Give priority to elderly people, people with reduced mobility and healthcare workers
- If you see it's too busy, come back later
- Do your shopping close to your home or workplace
Shopping areas in Ghent
Ghent is bound to make shopaholics’ hearts beat that little bit faster. Shop to your heart’s content in these colourful Ghent shopping areas. Just follow your nose, your eyes and your ears, because there is something to discover around every corner in Ghent, and the best souvenirs are the ones you find in some hidden part of the city, aren’t they?